1. Tunday Kebabi – The famous legendary kebabs of Lucknow which you can’t even think of missing when you are in Avadh. Must have their Galauti Kebabs with Ulta Tawa ka Paratha.
Location – Chowk/ Aminabad/ Aliganj
2. Kulcha Nihari – Second most important delicacy to relish. There are 3 main contenders – Kareem’s/ Mobeen’s/ Raheem’s and you just can’t decide who is ‘the best’. The best part is that they are located in the same vicinity i.e. Akbari Gate.
3. Idris ki Biryani – Located opposite Pata Nala police station (the road leading to Nakhas from KGMU) they serve the best biryani in town.
4. Shri Lassi – For those with a sweet tooth must try a glass of Lassi here. Location – Chowk (chana bhatura is also one of its speciality as the chana is cooked in spinach gravy)
5. Makhan Malai – This fluffy melt in mouth cream/ butter is available only during winters outside the famous Gol Darwaza, Chowk. Various vendors available.
6. Prem Sweet House – Known for its varieties of Chena mithai. Location – Chowk
7. Kareem Kebabi – The only eatery who can give competition to Tunday. Must try is Bun Kebab. Location – Maulviganj
8. Prakash Kulfi- Location Aminabad. this place doesn’t require any introduction. Famous for its Kulfi served round the year. Special characteristic is the slight salty flavour in their Kulfi.
9. Madhur Milan – Mix and match of various delicacies like seasonal desserts, south indian, indo-chinese.
Location – Near medicine market, aminabad.
10. SHUKLA CHAATHOUSE, Hazratganj
The much-talked about chaat shop in the Hazratganj area, frequented by celebs and loved by locals. Their matar chaat, paani ke batashe are must try.